MedGlobal is a global humanitarian, not-for-profit organization that provides medical and health education services to people in need, including refugees and displaced people, in disaster-affected and underserved regions. The organization is made up of medical and public health professionals from diverse backgrounds.
As a small but rapidly growing global healthcare organization, we are seeking a Fundraising Coordinator to play a key role in developing our online fundraising and increasing our giving while developing a donor relationship strategy in collaboration with senior management. This person is responsible for supporting and developing the setup and organization of MedGlobal fundraisers (weekly, monthly and yearly campaigns). In addition to setting goals and metrics related to donor reach, promotions, gifts and pledges, and other key metrics, the fundraising coordinator is responsible for developing an acquisition plan to generate new leads and identify innovative approaches to achieve annual fundraising goals .
CODE OF CONDUCT
MedGlobal’s Code of Conduct reflects the core beliefs and values of the profession such as care, respect, trust and integrity. These beliefs and values are fundamental to MedGlobal’s employees, volunteers, interns, consultants, officer coordinators and directors to guide their practice and behavior.
The Code is divided into categories as follows:
- Always act with fairness, honesty, integrity and openness; Respect the opinions of others and treat everyone with equality and dignity, regardless of gender, race, color, creed, ancestry, place of origin, political opinion, religion, marital status, disability, age or sexual orientation.
- Provide a positive and valued experience to those receiving services inside and outside of MedGlobal
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinate the annual fundraising planning process to develop effective strategies to meet income goals for each program.
- Improve and develop online fundraising tools
- Develop an acquisition plan and identify innovative approaches to expand individual donor networks, drive growth and meet annual fundraising goals
- Work with communications and development departments to create an innovative model to grow MedGlobal’s brand presence, build key relationships, attract new donors and mentor existing donors.
- Develop, nurture and nurture all donor relationships including individual donor, corporate, corporate, faith-based and service/community-based organizations.
- Establish goals and metrics related to donor reach, requests, gifts and pledges, and other key metrics.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws and rules regarding donor privacy and communications.
- Develop and maintain a funder database as a research and relationship management tool with Kindful as the CRM.
- Creates and organizes MedGlobal fundraising campaigns (weekly, monthly and yearly campaigns).
- Increase the number of repeat donors.
- Engage influencers to incentivize individual donor groups.
- Develop and implement donor strategies designed to move donors up the donor pyramid.
- Lead the development and delivery of donor-centric events and virtual engagement opportunities.
- Secure corporate gifts for big fundraising moments, including the annual gala event.
- Involve board members and the executive director in ongoing fundraising and cultivation solicitations.
- Design and coordinate the development of collateral for special campaigns including but not limited to Giving Tuesday, Ramadan, Thanksgiving and end of year campaigns.
- Work with the accounting team to ensure donor confirmations are sent in a timely manner.
Cultivation of main gifts
- Design and execute planned fundraising campaigns
- Expand a portfolio of donor-advised fund holders
- Cultivate, solicit and manage gifts and mentor fundraising activities for executives, program leaders and board members
- Recommend new programs, publications, communication tools and activities to expand and/or streamline the current portfolio of recognition activities and stewardship programs.
- Identify development opportunities and solicit information for stewardship communications
- Coordinate with the communications department to ensure marketing materials such as flyers and brochures are produced to be used to promote events and other fundraisers.
- Support gift acknowledgment processes during peak seasons.
- Respond to donor requests.
- Attend events as needed.
- Develop and manage donor education and engagement activities.
- Develop strategy memoranda and meeting scripts to prepare senior executives for successful assignments.
- Perform other tasks as assigned or requested.
Requirements and Skills:
The fundraising coordinator should have the following skills, education and experience:
- bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a fundraising position with exposure to Donor Stewardship and recognition of best practices
- Many years of experience in social media fundraising
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Ability to develop/write content for fundraisers
- Willingness and ability to work outside of normal working hours if required
- Must be independent, proactive and able to work under time pressure
- Strong goal orientation with the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and respond to development opportunities as they arise
- Willingness and ability to handle confidential information
- Strong knowledge of fundraising and donor management software
- Very good knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Prior knowledge of nonprofit fundraising is essential
How to apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com – mention Fundraising Coordinator in the subject line.
Candidates only based in the United States apply to apply.