Inseego has released Inseego 5G SD EDGE for enterprise, a 5G cloud network solution that provides connectivity and security over a 5G network fabric, eliminating the need for complex, expensive, custom legacy hardware solutions on-premises.
The Inseego 5G SD EDGE Cloud enables the industry’s first Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA) solution with distributed security and granular IT control designed exclusively for 5G networks. This new solution takes a novel approach to creating a cloud-driven thin edge that makes digital transformation easy, fast, and affordable for businesses of all sizes.
The pandemic has revolutionized the workplace, and as a result, companies worldwide are looking for cost-effective solutions to securely connect their distributed locations and employees. Innovation has been lacking in relation to this trend and current market solutions are not equipped to scale the growing remote workforce. Inseego’s 5G SD EDGE was specifically designed to meet this need as it offers a cost-effective solution that can be rapidly scaled to thousands of distributed sites fully controlled by the company’s IT security protocols.
Inseego’s 5G SD EDGE solution empowers organizations to provide better, safer experiences for their employees and distributed locations, no matter where they are.
- 5G WWAN: Inseego’s 5G SD EDGE leverages Inseego’s entire 5G FWA portfolio, delivering gigabit speeds at the edge over a secure 5G Wireless WAN (WWAN) that can be deployed anywhere in the world in minutes.
- Extend corporate WiFi in a distributed enterprise: The solution extends the plug-and-play enterprise LAN experience to remote workers at home and distributed enterprise locations, resulting in reliable and secure 5G connectivity at the edge wherever business happens.
- Automate and orchestrate processes for simplified, responsive and efficient IT: Enterprise IT departments can easily manage and configure network traffic prioritization, device management, and security from a single pane of glass with unified policies and compliance.
- Secure the distributed edge: The Inseego 5G SD EDGE solution extends enterprise IT with ZTNA components into the 5G network fabric for the first time, providing inherent security, encryption, tunneling, authentication, threat prevention and more.
- savings measures: Most traditional IT networks are made up of individual components from multiple legacy vendors such as SD-WAN, connectivity, security and network, resulting in a more costly and labor-intensive operation compared to an integrated wireless solution. Inseego 5G SD EDGE integrates 5G, wired connections, security and network functions such as segmentation, traffic prioritization, load balancing and other functions into a single solution, resulting in lower costs.
“Today, the demand for real-time experiences and tightened security is greater than ever as business happens everywhere, not just at corporate headquarters. When it comes to meeting this demand, a 5G WWAN enterprise IT network is far more resilient than any wired network for consistent and reliable IT and OT experiences at the edge,” said Ritesh Mukherjee, Senior Vice President & General Manager, Enterprise Networks at Inseego.
“The release of the Inseego 5G SD EDGE cloud network solution is a major innovation for the world of IT solutions, which currently consists of distinct and modular components assembled by expensive vendors and designed to support a wired world, where Wireless is viewed as a complement -on for backhaul. Inseego’s innovation brings SD-WAN, ZTNA, aggregation of multiple wireless and wired connections, and remote management capabilities to 5G WWAN networks in a simple package at a fraction of the cost of traditional, modular solutions.”
“The number of distributed locations and remote workers is unprecedented and has impacted not only the way we work, but the way IT organizations evolve the enterprise IT network. They’re committed to delivering the enterprise Wi-Fi experience wherever business happens, which means superior, reliable connectivity with gigabit performance and security goes beyond encryption that’s just as robust in the field as it is on-premises.” said Ray Mota, CEO and principal analyst of ACG Research.
“By integrating ZTNA with a resilient 5G cloud WAN, Inseego’s 5G SD EDGE solution transforms enterprise cloud networking for IT organizations. By eliminating dependency on traditional broadband connections, cumbersome point solutions and security that enables risk-appropriate access to resources from any device, anytime, anywhere, Inseego has made a 5G-enabled enterprise a reality.”
The Inseego 5G SD EDGE solution is currently being tested with Fortune 500 enterprise customers in target markets.