NEW YORK, July 25, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Reportlinker.com announces the release of the report, “Ligase Market – A Global and Regional Analysis:Focus on Product, Source, Application, End User, and Country – Analysis and Forecast, 2022 –2032” – https://www.reportlinker.com/p06310169/?utm_source=GNW
phase of the market life cycle
The global ligase market is advancing rapidly, with a significant increase in research and development activity related to a wide range of ligase products for disease detection, underscoring their importance in healthcare. The ligase enzyme plays a crucial role in the molecular diagnostic approach as it ensures the safe and effective application of targeted therapeutics.
Most of the players in the global ligase market offer products that include ligation kits and enzymes.
Increasing investment in research and development for enzyme-based molecular diagnostics is one of the biggest opportunities in the ligase market. Several diagnostic and pharmaceutical companies are collaborating on drug development and using ligase as a therapeutic agent for applications across multiple disease indications to enable efficient diagnosis, treatment selection, dosage selection and treatment monitoring.
Several techniques are employed in developing the use of ligases to detect and quantify specific DNA or RNA sequences. This ligase market segment has been segmented into applications involving Ligase Chain Reaction (LCR), Ligase Discovery Reaction (LDR), Next Generation Sequencing (NGS), Repeat Expansion Detection (RED), Rolling Circle Amplification (RCA) and Proximity ligation assay include (PLA), molecular cloning, ligation-mediated PCR, mutation detection and other applications such as B. Drug targets. Some of these technologies are briefly described as follows:
• Ligase Chain Reaction (LCR): LCR is an amplification process distinct from polymerase chain reaction (PCR), which involves a thermostable ligase to link two probes or distinct particles together, which are then amplified by standard PCR cycles can become.
• Ligase Detection Reaction (LDR): LDR is a ligase chain reaction (LCR) dependent method that uses a single pair of complementary probes to one strand of target DNA. This technique uses a high fidelity based thermostable DNA ligase, which may differ from the ligation of mismatched probes.
• Next-generation sequencing (NGS): Next-generation sequencing uses DNA ligase to identify the presence of the nucleotide at a specific position in a DNA sequence. The role of this sequencing depends on the ability of DNA ligase to identify and consolidate bases in a distinctive way.
• Ligation-mediated PCR: The ligation-mediated PCR process enables the generation of prototypical sequencing templates without subcloning from giant molecules such as amplified yeast artificial chromosomes (YACs).
Effects of COVID-19
The current global ligase market includes kits and enzymes. The unexpected crisis of the pandemic has sharply increased the demand for staple foods and thus the demand for ligase enzymes.
There has been an increased demand for ligase enzymes from biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. Overall, the impact of COVID-19 on the size of the global ligase market has been small to moderate.
Some of the market participants have reported a slight drop in sales. However, there are some new entrants in the global ligase market which are expected to grow the market.
Add to that a drop in sales, largely due to the early stages of the COVID-19 pandemic, which included full lockdowns in countries and major cities, disrupting the supply chain. Several other products have been in development for years that may take longer than the 2-4 years to commercialization. The pandemic has played a key role in improving the growth prospects of ligase-based molecular diagnostics and is expected to indirectly help improve the market growth prospects.
Segmentation 1: by product
• Fast ligase
• T4 DNA Ligase
• E. coli DNA ligase
• Tth DNA ligase
• T4 RNA Ligase
• Pfu DNA ligase
The global ligase market in product segment is expected to be dominated by T4 DNA ligase. This is due to an increased use of T4 DNA ligase, and it is the most commonly used type of ligase among vendors who offer kits and enzymes to their end users.
Segmentation 2: by source
• Escherichia coli
• Thermus thermophilus
• Pyrococcus furiosus
The global ligase market is dominated by the Escherichia coli source as it is a commonly used ligase to join recombinant ends of molecules before they are introduced into the cell. Products such as T4 RNA ligase, T4 DNA ligase, E. coli DNA ligase and salt T4 DNA ligase are obtained in abundance from Escherichia coli.
Segmentation 3: by application
• Ligase Chain Reaction (LCR)
• Ligase Detection Reaction (LDR)
• Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
• Repeat extension detection (RED)
• Rolling Circle Gain (RCA)
• Proximity ligation assay (PLA)
• Molecular cloning
• Ligation-mediated PCR
• mutation detection
The molecular cloning method dominates the application segment and NGS is the emerging diagnostic application in the global ligase market. The increasing use of this method is due to various cloning techniques that fall under molecular cloning to improve the ease and speed with which DNA fragments can be recombined.
Segmentation 4: by end user
• Research laboratories and institutions
• Pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies
• Diagnostic Laboratories
The research laboratories and institutions dominate the end-user segment in the global ligase market as research laboratories in particular are most heavily involved in conducting research studies focused on identifying and understanding the diagnostic application of ligase enzymes.
Recent developments in the global ligase market
• In January 2022, ArcticZymes Technologies launched new products such as ArcticZymes R2DTM Ligase, IsoPol BST+ High Concentration Glycerol FREE and M-SAN HQ ELISA Kit and M-SAN HQ
• In April 2022, Codexis, Inc. and Molecular Assemblies, Inc. partnered to develop enzymes and provide differentiated and cost-effective solutions for the enzymatic synthesis of DNA.
• In May 2022, QIAGEN acquired a majority stake of 96% in BLIRT eu., a manufacturer of recombinant enzymes for the life sciences industry based in Gdańsk, Poland. The acquisition was conducted to give the companies the opportunity to create additional growth prospects for their enzymes and reagents businesses.
• In July 2021, Merck invested US$ 282.5 million in its Darmstadt headquarters. The company is involved in the construction of a new translational science center for its healthcare sector, as well as a new learning center.
Demand – Drivers and Constraints
The following are the demand drivers for the global ligase market:
• Growing need for ligases in disease treatment
• Rising incidence of diseases such as cancer and genetic disorders
• Increasing focus by researchers on non-toxic biocatalysts
The market is also expected to face some constraints due to the following challenges:
• High reception costs for small and medium-sized companies
• Variation in the ability of the ligase to repair
How can this report add value to an organization?
Product/Innovation Strategy: The report considers ligase kits and enzymes from product-based companies. These companies are actively involved in executing significant business strategies to translate research and development success into the commercial clinical environment.
Growth/Marketing Strategy: Due to the explosion of massively parallel sequencing and its applications, all areas of healthcare are affected, especially enzyme-based molecular diagnostics. The key components in the ligase market consist of a variety of ligase-based products and ligation kits, which are generally purchased by the testing companies and the testing services themselves.
The whole workflow is well explained in the report along with the pricing analysis considering the applications used in the testing.
Competitive Strategy: The study analyzed and profiled key players in the global Ligase market, which consist of both product-based companies and a few emerging companies. Additionally, a detailed competitive benchmarking of the players operating in the global Ligase Market has been carried out to help the reader to understand how players are stacking up against each other and present a clear landscape of the market.
Additionally, comprehensive competitive strategies such as partnerships, agreements, and collaborations help the reader to understand the untapped revenue streams in the market.
Summary of key market players and competition
The profiled companies were selected based on input collected from primary experts that analyzed company coverage, product portfolio and market penetration.
Some of the prominent names that have established themselves in this market are:
• Agilent Technologies, Inc.
• ArcticZymes Technologies ASA
• Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
• Codexis, Inc.
• F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
• Merck KGaA
• New England Biolabs (UK) Ltd.
• Promega Corporation
• QIAGEN NV
• SBS Genetech
• Takara Bio Inc.
• Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
• North America
• Great Britain
• Rest of Europe
• Asia Pacific
• South Korea
• Rest of Asia Pacific
• Latin America (LATAM)
• Rest LATAM
• Rest of the world
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p06310169/?utm_source=GNW
About report linker
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research data you need—instantly and in one place.